Friday, September 11, 2009

I now feel my parents pain

I always thought that I understood what my parents were going through with the illness that I have dealt with since I was 15 yrs old. Never in a million years did I think that the hurt and pain could be so incredibly bad.



Rewind to 3 days ago, September 8, 2009... My birthday... My world came crashing down. Around 3 o'clock in the afternoon I received the phone call that made the world, or atleast in my eyes, stop turning. The genetic counselor from Riley Hospital called to inform us that the results from the genetic testing we have been going through all summer long were in. I will never forget the words that came through the receiver, "I just wanted to let you know the from the testing came back and Liam did test positive for the gene mutation."

No comments: